Monday, November 7, 2011

Couponing

I get so many different responses to couponing; 'I don't have time.' 'It cost too much money.' 'I just buy what I need.' 'I always forget them at home'

I go to school, work 2 jobs, and am a full-time parent! I have 2 hours a week, (sometimes 3) to coupon. I feed 4 for a strict, less than $300 a month. Without coupons, that is not a lot of food, (unless you are buying junk food.)

I buy the newspaper, or sometimes two. I also recieve my grandmother's inserts (minus the q she uses). I print out coupons, and do other things while my coupons (q) print out.  I use www.southernsavers.com for making my sale list, and only clip the q I need to for the sale, or items that are used on a regular basis, (you never know when an item will be on clearance.)

My inserts get filed away by the month and the other q get placed in a binder. Store q have their own tabs, and when I find man. q for the same item, they are paired in the store tab for double savings. I give away coupons that I do not need, sometimes even in the store. I buy items that are free or money makers to give to the local shelter or food pantry.

Everyone can coupon! My 2 y.o. helps me. If everyone couponed, even just a little, and gave an item to a local food pantry that they bought on sale, with a coupon, the food pantries would not be in the crisis that they are in.

No comments:

Post a Comment