Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Deals

Most Fridays or Saturdays during the spring and the fall are spent looking for and visiting yard sales. While I use craigslist to plan my route of the week, I will stop and look at other yard sales along the way.

I went to a couple of yard sales today; while it wasn't a busy day, but I got some great deals.

I went to a yard sale on the way to a friends house, but didn't find anything. After picking up a friend, and her daughter, and going to lunch, I went to a yard sale that I saw on craigslist. It sounded promising, and seemed to have some of the items that I was looking for.
I bought:
Combination master lock - .50
35 2-3 oz containers - 3.00
4 books - .25 each
   Books that my daughter can use for a couple of years
A teacher's note board (that can hang on the wall) - 3.00
A stand up note board - 1.00
a pair of frog pants - .50
Total: $9.00

I needed to take my friend home, and saw a sign for a yardsale along the way.
Even though the yardsale was small, and did not look like it was much, I stopped anyways.

I bought
bluetooth with charger - 10.00
Leap Frog Leap Pad, with 3 games and the case- 10.00
 (There was another one at the other yard sale that was $20.00 for just the Leap Pad)
Total: $20.00

Now I know it doesn't seem like this is much, but it helps a lot with the learning projects and Christmas Presents. There is no way that I could have bought a Leap Pad without the yard sale.


 This is why I love yard sales.

The shopping Blogger and Full-Time Parent

No comments:

Post a Comment