Did I just say what I thought I did...
yes new clothes!
Clothes shopping for a full time parent is a stressful event. Even for those seasoned parents, it is a struggle for those that are on a limited budget. I do buy new... but only when there is a deal to be had.
Tax-Free weekend was a blast...
I managed to find my daughter two shirts at JC Penny's for only $2. It might not seem that important, but I was happy that I got the shirts new, and paid less than I would have at Good Will or the thrift store.
I also managed to go to Kohl's that day too... and walked out with two dresses that were being marked down while we were shopping... I paid nothing... $0.... zip.... zilch.
I know you are asking me how? How did I manage to walk out without paying anything?
Both deals were part of sales or clearances during a sale... and I happened to have a coupon for $10 off/ $10 or more....
At JCP, the shirts were on sale for $5.99 each, and I picked up two, and at check out, I rounded the total to $2 (there was no tax because of the tax free holiday).
At Kohl's, I found the dresses on the clearance rack and found one for $4.60, and another one for $5.40. The total was $10, no tax, and the coupon made the total $0.
Granted that much of the time I am shopping yard sales and thrift stores, but I do manage to shop stores and plan my shopping trip in advance. I do not spend a lot of money on clothes, and would rather save the money for a rainy day.
No comments:
Post a Comment